Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day


Today I just sit back and reflect. It's Veteran's Day and I can't find the right words to describe how I feel about it. A year ago, I was sitting at home praying that by the next week, I would be in Ft.Leonard Wood, seeing Ethan graduate from OSUT. It had been almost four months since I had seen him, with only a few phone calls and letters, along with prayer and tears to prove that I was even in a relationship. How silly I must have looked to those loved ones who will never again see their soldier. Although all it took was a letter to turn my sadness into excitement, I was always wanting more. More time to talk on the phone, longer letters to read... and some will never receive a letter again. How blessed have I been to live in America. God put me here for a reason, and while I don't know that I realize what that reason is, I know that it was done purposefully and carefully. I am so humbled to live in a land where men and women made the decision to sign a blank check, to me directly. They don't know what will happen, where they will go or if they will come home but they do it anyway. I am so, so thankful. Ethan being in the Army has opened my eyes to a whole new world... a world of appreciation, worry, stress, fear, education, gratitude and so much more. I am grateful for him, for those who came before him, those serving alongside him and those will one day chose to serve after him. I am just so, so thankful.

1 comment:

  1. aw loving this post! so gr8!


    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete