Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What I Needed

Yesterday I went to class but had to go to Caldwell Community College to drop off signed paper work in order to take an online class there next semester. I was so eager to get that done so I could have some security with my registration. After I was done, I decided to head to Boone for a few hours to see Lukas. In my head, Boone is only like 20 minutes from Caldwell but in reality it was like 45 minutes. Driving up the mountain, about half way, I started to wonder to myself what in the world I was thinking. It was a Tuesday night, I was missing class, I had a tone of stuff to do at home before a ridiculously busy week got under way and here I was, driving to Boone like nothing in the world was happening in my life that required immediate attention.

And it was amazing.

I had been fighting with E for a few hours - we're both so volatile, a fight is never fun for us. We've both reached this apex of stress and we're saying things we don't mean, feeling anger and misdirecting it towards each other. My senior year has taken about ten years off of my life expectancy and time from away that, and from my "normal" was so much needed and appreciated.



Spending a few hours with my best friend was perfect, too. It had been a ridiculously long time since I've heard him play piano and I had forgotten how much I truly love just listening. If I could bottle up his performance and just release it whenever I needed it, that would probably be as close to perfection as I would need.

The day ended too soon and on my ride home, I listened to classical music and just watched my drive. Not quite as stunning as a mountain drive at sunset, but beautiful none the less. Driving can be so relaxing sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment