Monday, November 5, 2012

Fifteen Reasons Why: Goal to Skinny

It's been a little over five weeks since I started trying to lose weight and I've done quite well with the exception of last week, when I managed to let my cheat day turn into a cheat week. I wanted to curl up into a little ball when I got on the scale yesterday morning and realized I had gained weight back from just seven days of being lazy, but decided against it in favor of pressing on. When I was contemplating just giving up, I managed to make myself remember the reasons why I wanted to start losing weight + get fit in the first place, and then thought it would be even more beneficial to write them down.

Some of my reasons are not what some people might think are good reasons; some are obviously superficial but that doesn't make them less important to me.

1. I really do want to be healthy, as a primary reason for losing weight.
2. Skinny people get to wear cuter clothes.
3. Warrior Dash 2013, please!
4. For once I'd like to not be the fat friend.
5. I want to look killer in my wedding dress when we renew our vows next October.
6. Because there is nothing sexier than a subtle v-cut on a woman.
7. I want to hear the most critical person I know tell me they think I'm beautiful.
8. I can then stop hating my skinny friends who need to lose - gasp - five pounds.
9. Sex - let's just be straight up, ok?
10. I eventually want to be able to be the best role model for my kids - a long time from now.
11. I want my husband to have a reason to find me attractive - and to believe it when he says it.
12. Mirrors will no longer be my enemy.
13. Pools, beaches and summer in general will be enjoyed not dreaded.
14. So I won't have to tilt my head at an awkward angle to take a picture without a fat face.
15. To feel less embarrassed when I meet people; cure for introversion = confidence


Just keep going.



You'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment