Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ewwww: The Dentist.

Kind of. An acquaintance of mine has completed her classes at CVCC and all she has to do to become a certified/official/whatever dental hygienist is to take this test in Chapel Hill in June. I noticed her plea on facebook to find someone who hadn't had their teeth cleaned in awhile to contact her. Apparantly she has to find someone who hasn't been to a dentist for a professional cleaning in a long time and take them to Chapel Hill with her as her patient and then preform a routine cleaning on them in front of a panel. Cool. So, I haven't had dental insurance in a million years which means I also haven't had my teeth professional cleaned in just as long. I emphasize the word professional because I actually brush my teeth twice a day and keep my mouth minty fresh all the time. But unfortunately, that really isn't enough... so tomorrow I'm meeting her at 9am at CVCC and she'll figure out if my mouth is good enough, or in her case bad enough, for me to be her patient. I actually REALLY hope it is. Even though I've been freaking about every possible horrible disease I could be getting because I haven't had the best dental care in the past 10 years, I will also breathe a heavy sigh of relief to know what exactly is going on in there and to get it fixed if need be. I'll also be asking a few questions about some things I've been hearing lately about how root canals can be related to certain infections and cancers. I know it sounds stupid but if you research it, not at all. Even if my mouth doesn't work for her, I'm going to be getting to a dentist soon. I know I'd feel much better if things were checked out and my mind was put to rest. I had a physical last October and things were fine then, so I'm actually starting to relax a LITTLE bit about my health. Anyway... positive thinking and prayers for tomorrow will do wonderfully for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment