Monday, April 30, 2012

Awards & All Nighters

Well, E left very early this morning for AT. He's actually helping with load out until Friday with his unit before heading to Ft. Pickett for almost a month. His 3 a.m. wake-up call came way too soon, and apparently I was less than thrilled to help him finish packing. While I don't exactly remember all of what happened, E has since told me that when asked what I was going to do while he got his stuff together I would, "guard the bed." What an awesome wife I am. I think it was supet sweet that he let me sleep while he got his stuff ready, and I'm glad I was only half-awake to tell him goodbye. If I would have been fully conscious, I would have been a crying mess.


After I finally made my way out of bed, I worked before going to L-R's awards ceremony. This was the first time I had been invited to the ceremony and was too excited to know I was getting an award. My mom came and suffering through the rather long and monotonous ceremony, but I walked away with two recognitions that made my day. The first was a Jefferson Cup award for outstanding contribution to The Rhynean, and the second was the Journalism Award. It's no secret that journalism isn't my favorite part of my degree, but I can't hide that it makes me super happy to be recognized for it. 

Tonight I'm slowly marking things off of my final "to-do" list and it's making me quite sad. I'm just not used to this feeling of finality yet... I think it'll take me awhile to truly absorb what it all means. One of the things I'm doing is putting together my portfolio, or rather putting the finishing touches on it. It's so crazy to see what I've done over the course of my major and where I ended up with my work. 

Here's to another all nighter...



No comments:

Post a Comment