Saturday, April 21, 2012

Perfect Day

It's a sleepy Saturday morning. I'm already dressed, ready to go and E is still snuggled in bed with Mariska snoring at his feet. It's a beautiful day. We're heading out to the hardware store and a few furniture places to get an idea of what we want in our home (house, apartment, whatever it may be) so that I can get things rolling after deployment. It's a day with plans but few real plans. Breakfast, shopping, driving, talking, spending time. It's perfect, really. It makes me forget all the bad things in life like war, fights, and even the petty things like turning the TV up too loud when it's time for bed. It makes me bask in the wonder of this thing called marriage that I thought I understood but quickly realized it was nothing like I thought. God has a way of making perfect days everyday but I never really stop to think about them... and then I do. Then I stop and realize that today is perfect.  I am alive. I have the entire day to do anything. It's a blessing.

I am not deserving.
I will waste it anyway.
I will not completely understand how to appreciate it.
I will take it for granted.




And He gives it to me anyway.


Thank you God for giving me this day. This beautiful, perfect day. Thank You for giving me my husband to share it with. Before we were born, You saw this day and You knew that it would be good and You knew that we wouldn't completely understand it, but the day was given anyway and I am grateful.  Thank You for bringing my husband and I together as one person and allowing us to experience life, day-to-perfect-day, hand in hand, even if we may end up a world apart. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment