Sunday, April 15, 2012

Happy Birthday, E

Twenty-one years ago yesterday, God brought the most amazing man into this world. I give him a hard time, we fight like we've been married for thirty years and we love like we've still got nothing to lose. We spend so much time together, but it's never enough. We've both taken such different roads in life, but somehow, they've aligned so perfectly to form this absolutely, amazing path that was meant for just the two of us to follow. He's the foundation of my sanity and the calm when I'm chaotic. He keeps me in line when I'm gettin' my diva on just a little too hard. He talks back. He reminds me that I am not as tough as I think I am, but stronger than I could imagine. He works hard for us and makes sacrifices that I'm not sure I'd be willing to make. He's handsome, strong, passionate and funny. He's a child of my God and he serves Him, leading our marriage and never going to sleep angry. He's shown me what a best friend is, reminding me that he is enough. He's a soldier. He's a learner. He's my husband.

Happy Birthday, E.


No comments:

Post a Comment